Thursday, June 16, 2011

pixies and pirates


Oh dear. Once again, life has taken over and I've neglected my beloved creative outlet (i.e. this blog). My apologies, my darlings.

It's been a couple of months and boy, has it been busy. Lots of social and professional obligations. I finally went on my girls' trip to Palm Springs. I promise to post some pics next week. We stayed at the fabulously chic Parker Palm Springs. Super cool atmosphere coupled with the friendliest service. It was the perfect girls weekend getaway.

As of now I'm eyeballs deep in party planning. My dear little miss Mia will be turning 5 in July. We had originally thought of doing a Wonderland party, but she is currently enamored with all things fairy. We recently went to a Pixies in the Park charity event benefiting Pitcher Park in Old Towne Orange. Old Towne Orange is a cute little enclave where neighborhood streets are lined with restored Victorian homes. Anyway, the ladies in charge of the event did a wonderful job turning the charming little park into a veritable land of fairy enchantment. Mia and I were inspired!

So, this year we're opting for a Pixies and Pirates party. I think the key to pulling off a perfectly enchanting party is the details. And right now, I am undeniably deep in the details. My dining room has been overtaken by tulle (for decoration), flowers (I'm making jeweled flower hairpieces for the girls) and tissue paper in an array of colors (for hanging paper poms). It's a lot and it's only the beginning. I'm sure as party day draws near, it might get even more chaotic. But Mia is so excited. And really, so am I. Fairy parties are kind of one of the reasons why I so enjoy having a daughter! :)

Below are other photos I'm using as inspiration...





{images via bnute.com, pinkcakebox.com, tradwindtiaras.com and celesterovkwood.typepad.com}

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland!!! I know, doesn't life get so crazy where blogging has to be put on hold??!! Oh the life of a busy mom!!! Happy Birthday to Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! Hope you and the fam had a wonderful Father's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete